Are you getting a good service from your accountants and tax advisors?
Use our 30 Second 10 point check list below:
- Can you contact your accountant 8am – 10pm, 7days per week?
- Are your accounts completed within 30 days of passing your records to your accountant?
- If your accountant doesn’t complete your accounts within 30 days of receiving your records, does he prepare them for free?
- If you are a ‘sole trader’ or partnership, has your accountant explained the potential tax/national insurance savings by switching to a limited company?
- If you are a director/shareholder of a limited company has your accountant explained the tax/national insurance savings by paying dividends rather than salary?
- If you are paying dividends, has your accountant explained the future tax savings by using your company as a ‘piggy bank’ by retaining earnings within it?
- If you believe you are fully aware of the implications of the above points, do you normally ask your accountant to tender a fixed fee for the services he is providing you each year?
- If you do tender each year does your accountant stick to his quote?
- Do you worry every time you call your accountant that you will receive another bill?
- Can you pay your annual accountancy fees in 12 monthly instalments?
As a client of Treetops you have a choice of including any of the above in the terms under which we will act for you as your accountant.