Qualified Accountant and Auditor (ACA or ACCA) – Farnborough Office
Who are we looking for?
We are looking to recruit a full-time qualified accountant and auditor (ACA or ACCA) with extensive UK practical experience for a portfolio of clients including some audit work at clients’ premises. Hours will be flexible to suit. The successful candidate must have a full driving licence and own car. The role will be around 50 % audit and 50% accounts and tax and will include:
- Managing a portfolio of clients to reporting deadlines
- Preparation of statutory accounts under both FRS 102 and Section 1a
- Communicating directly with clients on their year-end accounts process to ensure accounts are prepared accurately and clients are aware of the relevant implications
- Explaining simple financial reporting and taxation to clients in an understandable manner
- Preparation and submission of corporation tax returns
- Preparation and submission of accounts for partnerships and self-employed
- Preparation and submission of personal tax returns
- Building relationships with key clients as part of key account management
- Being a reference point for clients for technical queries with respect to accounting and taxation
- Keeping practice manager informed of job progress and any issues arising
- Raising the profile of the firm by ensuring clients are fully satisfied by the service and support they receive and that they are aware of all other services
- Supporting the growth of the firm by helping structure and streamline processes to the benefit of the everyone
- Planning, conducting and controlling audits in a timely and efficient manner alongside our existing audit team
- Assisting colleagues from time to time with ad hoc projects
What can we offer you?
- Salary negotiable according to experience
- 28 days’ holiday (including bank holidays)
- Free onsite car parking
- Flexibility to work a combination of from home and from the office
- We have over a dozen qualified accountants who are able to provide support to you. Your experience will enhance the team and you will also pool your knowledge as and when required to assist colleagues.
- Sufficient CPD is provided by the firm to meet ICAEW and ACCA requirements.
- See also our main careers page for more details of our working environment
What skills and attributes do you need?
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- ACA or ACCA qualified
- Proficiency in
- Sage Line 50
- VT accounts production
- Previous experience in a UK Accountancy practice
- Significant audit experience
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Commitment to customer service
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Outstanding time management skills
- Ability to prioritise
- Willingness to take on extra responsibilities as required
- Ability to take initiative
- Eligibility to work in the UK
How to apply:
Please send a CV and covering letter explaining why you wish to join Treetops. A video would also be great so that we can really get to know you!