Full-time Experienced Bookkeeper – Milton Keynes Office
Full-time Experienced Bookkeeper
Who are we?
Treetops is a growing firm of Chartered Accountants established in 2000, with offices in Farnborough and Milton Keynes. We deliver a full range of accounting, tax and business advisory services to a wide range of clients from not-for-profit to sole traders to multi-million-pound businesses throughout the UK and abroad. Our culture is one of informality whilst still maintaining the highest professional and ethical standards, and offering a superior client service.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking to recruit a full-time bookkeeper for a portfolio of clients possibly including some work at clients’ premises. The successful candidate will be required to work 9:00am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday with an hour for lunch and must have a full driving licence and own car. The job will be initially office based, with an opportunity to work from home after a successful probationary period.
The role will include:
- Monthly/quarterly bookkeeping and preparation of VAT returns
- Submission of VAT returns
- Preparation of accounts to trial balance including all control account reconciliations
What can we offer you?
- Salary from £25,000 to £35,000 per annum
- 28 days’ holiday (including bank holidays)
- Free car parking
What skills and attributes do you need?
Ideally the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of Sage Line 50
- Experience of QuickBooks online
- Experience of Xero
- Experience of payroll software (preferred not essential)
- Knowledge of all VAT schemes
- Previous experience in Accountancy practice looking after a portfolio of different bookkeeping clients
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Commitment to customer service
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Outstanding time management skills
- Ability to prioritise
- Willingness to take on extra responsibilities as required
- Ability to take initiative
- Eligibility to work in the UK
How to apply:
Please send your CV and covering letter explaining your suitability for the role and an indication of your salary expectations to email@example.com